It is critical to ensure quality of Insulation of piping and equipments in a process plant. Various international codes and standards shall be used to ascertain trouble free operation of insulated piping systems. Here is a short list of such standards applicable to insulation.
- ASTM C165 : Test Method for Measuring Compressive Properties of Thermal Insulation.
- ASTM C195 : Mineral Fibre Thermal Insulating Cement.
- ASTM C303 : Test Method for Density of Preformed Block Type Thermal Insulation.
- ASTM C335 : Test Method for Steady-State Heat Transfer Properties.
- ASTM C449 : Mineral Fibre Hydraulic Setting Thermal Insulation and Finishing Cement.
- ASTM C518 : Test Method for Steady-State Heat Transmission
- ASTM C547 : Mineral Fibre Pre formed Pipe Insulation.
- ASTM C552 : Cellular Glass Block and Pipe Insulation.
- ASTM C591 : Un-faced Preformed Rigid Cellular Polyurethane Thermal Insulation.
- ASTM C592 : Mineral Fibre Blanket Insulation.
- ASTM C612 : Mineral Fibre Block & Board Thermal Insulation.
- ASTM D1621 : Test Method for Compressive Properties of Rigid Cellular Plastics.
- ASTM D1622 : Test Method for Apparent Density of Rigid Cellular Plastics.
- ASTM D2126 : Test Method for response of Rigid Cellular Plastics to Thermal & Humid Aging.
- ASTM D2826 : Test Method for Open Cell Content of Rigid Cellular Plastics.
- ASTM D3014 : Test Method for Flame Height, Time of Burning & Loss of Mass of Rigid Thermoset Cellular Plastics in a Vertical
- ASTM E84 : Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of
- ASTM E96 : Test Method for Water Vapour Transmission of Materials