To ensure high quality of painting and paint job guaranty as well as to ensure that work is done as per applicable national/international standards, it is necessary to create and maintain proper documents related to painting work. Requirements of these documents is specified by client in Project Painting Specification. Some of these documents are as under :
- A written quality plan with procedure for qualification trials and for the actual work.
- Daily progress report with details of weather conditions, particular of applications, no of coats and type of materials applied, anomalies, progress of work versus program.
- Results of measurement of temperatures relative humidity, surface profile, film thickness, holiday detection, adhesion tests with signature of appropriate authority.
- Particulars of surface preparation and paint application during trials and during the work.
- Details of non-compliance, rejects and repairs.
- Type of testing equipments and calibration.
- Code and batch numbers of paint materials used.