Olets are branching fittings made by Bonney Forge. Olets offer an alternate means of connecting into the main run and do not require reinforcement. Olets are pre-shaped to the curvature of the run pipe. Flat based weldolets are available for connecting to pipe caps and vessel heads.
Olets are generally used for branching on high pressure and high temperature applications. Maximum allowable pressure of a fitting is same as for connected straight seamless run pipe of equivalent material.
Available Olet Fittings are :
Major dimensional standard used is :
MSS-SP-97 : Integrally Reinforced Forged Branch Outlet Fittings – Socket Welding, Threaded, and Buttwelding Ends.
Fittings Classes as per this standard are :
- Standard : Buttwelding : 1/8″ to 24″, for connecting STD thk Pipe.
- Extra Strong : Buttwelding : 1/8″ to 24″ for connecting Extra Strong Pipe
- Schedule 160 : Buttwelding : 1/2″ to 6″ : for connecting Schedule 160 Pipe
- 3000 : Threaded and Socket Welding : 1/8″ to 4″ : for connecting Extra Strong Pipe
- 6000 : Threaded and Socket Welding : 1/2″ to 2″ : for connecting Sch 160 Pipe.
Materials of Construction
These fittings are forged fittings. So they are made from the same materials as Flanges and Socket Weld Fittings.
- A105 : Standard Specification for Carbon Steel Forgings for Piping Applications.
- A181 : Standard Specification for Carbon Steel Forgings, for General-Purpose Piping.
- A182 : Standard Specification for Forged or Rolled Alloy and Stainless Steel Pipe Flanges, Forged Fittings, and Valves and Parts for High-Temperature Service.
- A350 : Standard Specification for Carbon and Low-Alloy Steel Forgings, Requiring Notch Toughness Testing for Piping Components.
Sample Piping Material Specification.
- Element : Nippolet , Elbolet , Latrolet , Sockolet and Weldolet
- Length : 75 mm (Nipolets only)
- Material : CS : ASTM A105
- SS: ASTM A182 Gr. F304L
- Class : 3000 (Only for Small bore branches)
- Ends : Nippolet : Plain Ends
- Sockolet : SW Ends
- Elbolet : BW Ends
- Latrolet : SW, BW Ends as per branch size.
- Weldolet : BW Ends
- Dim. Standard : MSS-SP-97