- This is a seamless carbon steel pipe for high-temperature service in NPS 1⁄8 to NPS 48 inclusive, with nominal (average) wall thickness as given in ANSI B 36.10.
- They are mainly used for Process piping while A53 Used for Utility services.
- Temperature Range : -15 to 415 deg.C.
- Pipe ordered under this specification shall be suitable for bending, flanging, and similar forming operations, and for welding.
- Available grades are Grade A, B and C, with carbon content 0.25, 0.3 and 0.35 respectively. Hardness increases and weldability decreases. Bending ability also decreases from A to C.
- Grade A rather than Grade B or Grade C is the preferred grade for close coiling or cold bending.
- Wall thicknesses are mainly Sch 40 (STD) and Sch 80 (XS). They are either made seamless or seamed using ERW.