Approximate weight of a butt welding tee can be calculated based on its header length, branch length, header size, branch size, header wall thickness and branch wall thickness.Please note that actual weight of a tee from a particular manufacturer may vary depending on manufacturing process. Dimensional standards like ASME B16.9 do not provide weights of butt welding fittings.
Tags : #Piping_Engineering #Piping_Fittings #Buttweld_Tee
Weight of a Butt Weld tee as per ASME B16.9 can be calculated as per following formula :
- W = Weight in Kg
- t1 = Header wall thickness.
- t2 = Branch wall thickness.
- OD1 = Header Outside Diameter.
- OD2 = Branch Outside Diameter.
- C = Run Length Center to end.
- M = Branch Length
- K = Tee type : Welded : 1, Seamless : 1.363