Most of the times, pumps are located outside the earthen dike, lines penetrating concrete dike walls can be secured against leakage by using commonly available seals. The design shown below permits minor axial movement.
Where a pipe is routed through an earthen dike or firewall, the pipe shall be coated and wrapped. Where the firewall is concrete, the pipe shall be sleeved.
- Standard material is EPDM rubber, suitable for 250°F.
- Standard hardware is plated carbon steel.
- Economical, reusable, and simple to install.
- Nitrile rubber available for services of solvents, hydrocarbons, oil, gas, and jet fuel, suitable for 210°F.
- Silicone rubber available for high temperature applications up to 400°F.
- Optional stainless steel hardware available.