Not very surface shall be painted in a process plant. Painting of some surfaces can be detrimental to the operation of a process plant. Following is a list of such surfaces which must be protected from painting.
- Level Gauge Glasses
- Flow Meter Faces
- Valve Stem and Threads
- Working Surfaces of Equipment
- Name Plates
- Aluminum, Plastic and Stainless Steel
- Insulation or Fireproofing
- Galvanized Steel
- Concrete, Transite, Masonry, Stucco, Etc.
- Factory Finished Control Panels
- Factory Finished Instrument Cases and Meters
- Factory Finished Equipment, Including Filters, Control Valves,Etc.
- Factory Finished Buildings
Masking or compounds used to protect non-painted surface must be removed prior to completion of the job.